A special time in a woman’s life. A time of change, wonder and concerns. Along with physical changes, you’ll have emotional and financial concerns. It is important toeducate yourself to keep you and your baby healthy. We have many resources to help during this special time of your life.
Helpful Article: Childbirth Education
When a pregnancy is unplanned, it is easy to make impulsive or uninformed decisions. Be informed. Your decision has lifelong implications.
If faced with a possible unplanned pregnancy, what steps should be taken?
- It is important to take time to examine the options available.
- You should have a pregnancy test.
- Talk to someone you trust. You are not alone and helpless in your pregnancy. You may be pleased at the support your parents and friends will give you. They may express surprise, anger, or disappointment at first, but give them a chance to support you. We have Community Pregnancy Centers with counselors who care and are trained to help. They can help you explore all the options available to you.
- Get information concerning the development of your child. Find out the age of the baby and learn about his or her characteristics.
- Get information on groups that can help you carry your baby to term and help during delivery. There are groups who can also assist with medical care and housing, if you need it.
- Find out more about agencies that can help you after the baby is born so you have all the information to make the best choice for you and your baby.
- Learn about adoption possibilities, in the event that you can’t keep the baby after it is born.
- Be fully informed about abortion. Get information on abortion techniques. Get information on the possible physical and emotional damage that can result after an abortion. Talk to people who won’t make money on the choice you make. Having an abortion is an important decision. Take time to know what you are doing.
Remember the decision you make will affect you for the rest of your life. If you’re unsure, take one more day to think about it. Don’t let anyone pressure you into a quick decision. Contact us for assistance.